Sweet Strawberry Banana
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla ice cream, divided
- 3/4 cup strawberry ice cream
- 3 Kellogg’s® Eggo® Homestyle waffles or Kellogg’s® Eggo® Chocolatey Chip waffles
- 1 Banana, sliced
- 3 Strawberries, sliced
- 2 cups frozen reduced-fat, non-dairy whipped dessert topping, thawed
- Assorted small candies (optional)
- Gold-colored decorator’s sugar or edible glitter (optional)
1. Place vanilla, strawberry ice creams in refrigerator for 20 to 30 minutes or until slightly softened.
2. Meanwhile, on large piece of parchment paper or wax paper, trace 4 1/2-inch circles. Place paper on baking sheet. Working quickly, spoon 3/4 cup of the vanilla ice cream onto one circle. Flatten into a 1/2-inch-thick, 4 1/2-inch-diameter disk. Repeat with remaining vanilla ice cream and strawberry ice cream, making disks. Lightly cover with wax paper and freeze at least 2 hours or until firm.*
3. Meanwhile, toast KELLOGG’S EGGO Homestyle Waffles according to package directions. Cool. Leave 1 waffle whole. Cut remaining waffles into quarters.
4. Remove paper from ice cream disks. Top with one of the vanilla ice cream disks and four waffle quarters, leaving a small space between pieces. Top with vanilla ice cream disk and more waffle pieces (always arrange waffle quarters so they align with waffle quarters on lower layers). Add the remaining vanilla ice cream disk and more waffle pieces. Top with strawberry ice cream disk and the remaining four waffle quarters. Wrap in plastic wrap. Gently press down on the stack. Freeze at least 3 hours or until firm.
5. Remove waffle stack from freezer. Remove plastic wrap. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes. Mound with whipped topping. Decorate with candies and gold sugar (if desired).
6. To serve, cut into four pieces, cutting between waffle quarters.
*TIP: To easily form ice cream disks, place a 4 1/2-inch round cookie cutter on parchment or wax paper on baking sheet. Place ice cream inside of cookie cutter and smooth into solid disk. Remove cookie cutter and repeat for remaining ice cream disks. Freeze as directed above.