Sausage, Egg and Cheese Sandwich
You decide whether you want poached, scrambled or over-easy. Any type of egg tastes great on this waffle sandwich featuring sausage patties and cheddar cheese.
- 2 small (1 1/2 oz. each) sausage patties or 1 large (3 oz.) sausage patty
- 1 teaspoon butter or margarine
- 1 egg
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 Kellogg's® Eggo® Homestyle waffles
- 1 slice (1/2 oz.) cheddar cheese
1. Cook sausage according to package directions. Drain on paper towels. Set aside.
2. In medium nonstick skillet heat butter over medium-high heat until hot. Break egg and slip into skillet. Immediately reduce heat to low. Cook slowly for 5 to 6 minutes or until white is completely set and yolk begins to thicken. Carefully turn egg. Cook second side to desired doneness.* Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Meanwhile, prepare Kellogg's® Eggo® Homestyle waffles according to package directions. Immediately top one of the waffles with sausage patties. Top with egg, cheese and remaining waffle. Serve immediately.
*NOTE: If you prefer, poach or scramble the egg.