Ice Cream Spider
This creepy, crawly critter brings squeals of delight when young diners realize it’s made from waffles, chocolate ice cream, chocolate sprinkles and candy.
- 1 Kellogg’s® Eggo® Homestyle waffle
- 1 Kellogg’s® Eggo® Buttermilk waffle
- 1 Kellogg’s® Eggo® Minis waffle
- 1 scoop (1 cup) Breyers® Chocolate Ice Cream
- 1 scoop (3 tbsp.) Breyers® Chocolate Ice Cream
- 1/4 cup chocolate sprinkles
- Assorted candies (miniature candy coated chocolate pieces, candy eyes and/or small jelly beans)
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 12 pretzel sticks, divided
- Frozen non-dairy whipped topping, thawed (optional)
1. Prepare KELLOGG’S EGGO Homestyle waffle and KELLOGG’S EGGO Minis waffle according to package directions. Cool completely.
2. Place 1-cup scoop of ice cream on large waffle. Gently press to form ice cream dome on waffle. Place 3 tablespoon scoop of ice cream on small waffle. Completely coat both ice cream scoops with chocolate sprinkles. Press candies into small scoop for eyes and pinchers. Place both on wax-paper-lined baking sheet. Freeze for 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, place chocolate morsels and oil in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at high for 30 to 45 seconds or until melted, stirring every 15 seconds.
4. Break 4 of the pretzel sticks in half. Completely coat pretzel pieces with melted chocolate, allowing excess chocolate to drip off. Place on wax-paper lined baking sheet. Dip one of the remaining whole pretzel sticks part way into the chocolate, allowing excess chocolate to drip off. Place on baking sheet with the chocolate-coated end of at a right angle to one of the ends of a pretzel piece. Repeat with the remaining whole pretzels and the remaining chocolate-coated pretzel pieces, forming a total of eight spider legs. Refrigerate until set.
5. Pipe whipped topping on serving plate as spider web (if desired). Place ice-cream-topped waffles on plate with edges touching. Carefully remove pretzels from baking sheet. Attach to spider body for legs. Serve immediately.