Grilled Canadian Bacon, Tomato & Cheese Sandwiches
Just like sliders, these sandwiches are the mini version of a grilled cheese sandwich. They feature sharp cheddar cheese, savory Canadian-style bacon and small slices of plum tomatoes. Perfect for appetizers or to serve along with a hot bowl of soup.
- 12 Kellogg's® Eggo® Minis Homestyle waffles
- 3 slices sharp cheddar cheese, cut into quarters (about 2 1/4 oz. total)
- 3 thin slices Canadian-style bacon, cut into quarters (about 1 1/2 oz. total)
- 6 thin slices plum tomato
1. Separate the KELLOGG'S EGGO Minis Homestyle waffles. Top six of the waffles with one piece of cheese. Arrange two pieces of Canadian-style bacon and one tomato slice on each. Top with the remaining pieces of cheese and remaining waffles.
2. Preheat contract grill according to manufacturer's directions. Place sandwiches in grill and close lid. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese melts.* Serve immediately.
*Note: If you do not have a contact grill, cook sandwiches in a skillet. Lightly coat large skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium heat. Add sandwiches. Cook, covered, for 3 to 4 minutes or until cheese melts, turning sandwiches once.