Eggo Waffle-Crusted Salmon with Smashed Potatoes and Honey-Lemon Sauce
Tender Eggo® Homestyle waffle crumbs make a crisp topping on juicy lemon-sauced salmon filets. Serve them with chunky smashed potatoes. This recipe was inspired by Guy's Grocery Games.
- 2 Kellogg's® Eggo® Homestyle waffles
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives (optional)
- 1 teaspoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds small red potatotes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 skinless salmon filets (about 5 oz each)
- Steamed broccoli (optional)
1. Toast Kellogg's® Eggo® Homestyle waffles according to package directions. Tear into large pieces. Place in food processor. Cover and process until finely ground. Set aside.
2. In small bowl stir together mayonnaise, honey, chives (if desired), 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice, soy sauce, lemon peel, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and 1/8 teaspoon of the pepper. Set aside.
3. In large saucepan combine potatoes and enough water to cover. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 12 to 15 minutes or until tender. Drain. Return to warm saucepan. Add butter, the remaining 1 tablespoon lemon juice, the remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt and the remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Use potato masher to coarsely mash, leaving several chunks. Cover to keep warm.
4. Arrange salmon filets, skin side up, on baking sheet lined with foil and coated with cooking spray. Broil 3- to 4-inches from the heat for 4 to 7 minutes or until salmon is firm on the edges.
5. Reserve half of the honey-lemon sauce. Turn salmon filets over. Brush salmon with the remaining honey-lemon sauce. Sprinkle waffle crumbs. Return to broiler. Broil for 2 to 3 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with fork.
6. Place salmon on 4 serving plates. Drizzle with the reserved honey-lemon sauce. Serve with potatoes and broccoli (if desired).